Monday, August 2, 2010

Long time, no blog!



Gosh, it has been a couple of weeks since I posted anything here. Since I started back at work 2 months ago sewing time has been severly depleted, and I find that despite my best intentions, I really can't sit down at the sewing machine at night after the kids have gone to bed. Firstly I'm too tired to concentrate properly and would be worried about making mistakes which I'd then just have to re-do, and secondly, there aren't that many free hours in the day to spend with Craig - it doesn't seem fair to take myself off to another room to sew. So hand-sewing at night is pretty much the only options - and to that end I have been plugging away with the Joseph's Coat petals....

And at the weekend - well that's been pretty sporadic too. My kids are aged 6, 3 and 1, and well, that obviously entails a lot of hands-on stuff! Not that I am begrudging them my time - I know that in a few short years they'll be off with their friends and won't care too much about spending time with us. So I will just fit it in where I can and try to stop feeling so envious of all my blogging and Flickr friends who produce oodles of beautiful things in the time it takes me to quilt half a pillow.... Let's just say I continue to be endlessly inspired by so many clever people. And that I look forward to the day when I have heaps of spare time to produce as much. But in the meantime - my kiddies are only going to be this little for a little while!! :-) And they are so cute. Even if they do drive me crazy occasionally.

So just a couple of Bee Blocks to share with you today - Susan asked for a wonky log-cabin/square-in-square style. A little outside my comfort zone, but actually these were such fun to make. The colours were also nothing like anything I've used before. But I love them together. The aqua and dark blue are beautiful. Next up are Lynne's Union Jack blocks which I'm intrigued about - more paper piecing!

I've also been working on something for my Modern Swap partner - but not ready to show it yet!

2 comments:

  1. You are right, Danielle! Sadly, they will only be little for a short time, and then they'll be on to scary things like driving and boyfriends and college searches... eek!

    I've been wanting to have a go at the Joseph's Coat pattern, but find it a little intimidating... You've inspired me to go ahead and jump right in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle sorry to hijack your blog comments here...and a HUGE sorry for the long time to get around to you...but I need your details for you see you "won" the giveaway on my blog. Please email me suzyhausfrau@gmail.com when you can. Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read every comment and appreciate you taking the time to read my little blog. I try to respond to all comments by email but sometimes life gets in the way. Thanks for understanding.