Monday, July 12, 2010

Ice cream social


Ice cream social
Originally uploaded by Petitselefants
I've been admiring the Oliver + S range of patterns for ages, wondering whether I had the courage to tackle one. So when I saw that Kate and Amy were hosting the Ice Cream Social - a sewalong of Oliver + S's ice cream dress, I cheered!

I've been poring over the pattern, and it actually does look not that hard, and to have a go-to group where everyone is trying out the same pattern will be very handy indeed! The possibilities are endless with this dress (there are three versions, a top and two styles of dress - look at these pretties that have already been posted to the group pool).

1. Oliver + S Ice Cream Dress, 2. Oliver+S Ice Cream Dress, 3. Ice Cream Social Dress, 4. ice cream top, 5. birthday ice cream dress, 6. ice cream dress

I'm hoping to do one in a Little Folks voile by Anna Maria Horner, but first I'll try it out with a cheapo fabric picked up from Lincraft some time ago (for the purposes of little girl dress-making). Just to make sure I can do it! Can't wait to get started - the pattern is traced now I just need to get cutting!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with it, it looks a lovely pattern and will be especially pretty with the voile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read every comment and appreciate you taking the time to read my little blog. I try to respond to all comments by email but sometimes life gets in the way. Thanks for understanding.