Sunday, January 16, 2011

DQS10 - Let the fun begin!

I have been dying to be part of the Doll Quilt Swap on Flickr almost as long as I've known it existed. I love the fact that like-minded quilters will make beautiful little pieces for each other, it gives you the chance to stretch your creativity but just focus it all entirely into one small piece - so the results are more often than out totally amazing. There have been so many beautiful little quilts pop up in the DQS photostream, it's mind-boggling what people can come up with and translate to a tiny quilt.

Anyway, I'm thrilled to have been picked to participate in this round. We haven't been allocated partners yet, but I've already been thinking about what I might make. I've put together this gallery - with the purpose of pulling together some beautiful pieces that I'd love to emulate and also show my partner the kinds of things I like.

If you haven't checked out the DQS Flickr stream - go and have a browse! There's also a blog. One of my extremely clever Flickr friends Lynne has got a post there at the moment. If I could come anywhere near her fantabulous quilt she made in the last round I will be hyper-ventiliating.


And now to a spot of sewing. This month it's Krista's turn - she sent some beautiful natural linen and a selection of yellow prints, all completely lovely. Funny that I have never thought of yellow as being a very interesting colour to work with, but I really enjoyed working with these. I think I might need to start collecting a few yellow pieces. Hmmmm. The theme for Krista's month is circles and I obliged by drawing different size circles onto stitch-and-wash, and appliqueing them to the linen. I hope she likes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read every comment and appreciate you taking the time to read my little blog. I try to respond to all comments by email but sometimes life gets in the way. Thanks for understanding.