Saturday, October 9, 2010

Busy bees

Can you believe it's October? I can't. Does that really mean it's nearly Christmas, and the end of 2010? Yes it does. Eeek. Anyway, the good news is that October is my month in the Fresh Modern Bee 2. These girls are a hugely talented bunch and I feel completely inadequate amongst them. So I agonised for ages over what to set as the month's project. I decided not to do something prescriptive because I think people like to have the flexibility to show a bit of their own creativity. So I asked for squares, square-in-squares, rectangles, grouped, single, whatever - but preferably no wonkiness.

My fabrics are mainly from my precious stash of Wonderland, but also some Tweet Tweet, Hunky Dory, Sweet and a little bit of Flora and Fauna and Joel Dewberry Stamen. Plus Kona Ash to pull it all together. The top photo shows a few of the sample blocks I did (because I kept doubting myself and was scared that the fabrics wouldn't go together).

Squares block for Danielle

Lynne was the first to show her wares - and as noted by one of the other bee members, she set the bar very high! What an amazing block!

Next up is Alison with these beauties - I love the fussy cut Wonderland tree, and the little rectangular strips. This is going to be so cool - I can't wait to see what the others come up with!!

FMB II - October 2010

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read every comment and appreciate you taking the time to read my little blog. I try to respond to all comments by email but sometimes life gets in the way. Thanks for understanding.